The ZDHC Academy was established end of 2016 as the go-to platform to create awareness, build knowledge and enable skills on sustainable chemical management and ZDHC tools along the textile, apparel, footwear and leather value chains.
The ZDHC Academy is a neutral platform set up by ZDHC in which accredited training providers can organise training sessions to deliver ZDHC certified training to key industry stakeholders. The trainings aim to reach all parts of the value chain from brands, retailers, manufacturers, tanneries and policy-makers, to understand and adopt sustainable chemical management best practices and innovations.
The Academy offers:
- A globally recognised training platform for sustainable chemical management and ZDHC implementation.
- Pool of ZDHC Accredited Training Providers with organisations and trainers that have passed a rigorous selection process in terms of experience, expertise and didactics
- Access to industry leading and certified training materials.
- In-person or blended certified training sessions in local language in key sourcing and retail regions worldwide, currently included 22 countries from Asia, to Europe, to the Americas and Africa.
- Ability to organise and administer tailor-made chemical management trainings modules, incorporating brand / retailer specific requirements
- A user-friendly online portal with direct and interactive access between trainers and participants to enhance the learning experience.
- A record of certification to confirm the participant's knowledge.
- Complementary videos and webinars about ZDHC tools such as the ZDHC Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (ZDHC MRSL), the ZDHC Wastewater Guidelines, the ZDHC Gateway Chemical and Wastewater Module.
- News updates on training developments and events.
The standardised ZDHC in-person trainings range from one to two days, and currently include, but are not limited to the following:
- Introduction to Chemical Management
- Top 10 Chemical Management Issues
- Introduction to Wastewater Management
- Top 5 Wastewater Management Issues (being developed)
- Training Modules of further subject areas and extended target audiences are under development
ZDHC Accredited Training Provider
The current ZDHC Accredited Training Providers include the following organisations with a total of over 50 approved individual trainers.
- Intertek Consumer Goods GmbH
- Process Factory srl
- Sustainable Textile Solutions
- TÜV Rheinland
- UL Consumer & Retail Services
- VALORA Consultores
For more information and for signing up to trainings, please go to the ZDHC Academy. In case you do not yet have access to the platform, you can create an account for free.
Become a ZDHC Accredited Training Provider
Following the first round of application in 2016, ZDHC is looking for additional training providers to support the expansion of ZDHC certified training globally through the ZDHC Academy to all apparel, textile, footwear and leather sourcing, trading and retail regions.