Job Title: Implementation Manager
Location: Shanghai; with travels in China, partly East Asia and Europe
Available start date: from 1st of July 2018 onwards
The ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme is the forefront industry collaboration currently consisting of worldwide 98 Contributors, among them 24 major Signatory Brands, 59 Value Chain Affiliates and 15 Associates. The vision of ZDHC is widespread implementation of sustainable chemistry, driving innovations and sustainable chemical management best practices in the textile, apparel, leather and footwear value chains. Through collaborative engagement, standard setting and implementation, ZDHC takes an internationally leading role in advancing these sectors to advance towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals and improved environmental performance. More information can also be found on our webpage: https://www.roadmaptozero.com/
As a result of globally growing the organisation and scaling our activities, we are now looking for an Implementation Manager based in Shanghai to support the ZDHC work in the East Asia region.
The Implementation Manager will contribute to the large-scale implementation of the ZDHC tools and services in the East Asia region, and support with stakeholder engagement and events in China. Reporting to the East Asia Director, he/she will manage implementation projects, liaise with key industry stakeholders and help organise workshops and an annual conference.
- Coordinating and managing the successful delivery of ZDHC innovation and implementation projects in the textile, synthetic leather and leather industry
- Tracking and documenting project outcomes, and preparing presentations on key project results
- Fostering and maintaining relations with ZDHC Contributors, key stakeholders and the wider ZDHC Community
- Conducting market research to inform ZDHC’s Masterplan for the East Asia region
- Contributing to the content development of ZDHC webinars and information sessions
- Planning, holding and documenting workshops and meetings with project partners and industry stakeholders
- Supporting the design, organisation and delivery of an annual ZDHC conference
- Preparing presentations and summaries for ZDHC update calls and progress reports
- Coordinating closely with the international team on content and tool development
- Educated at least to Bachelor’s degree, ideally in environmental, chemical or textile engineering. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with the textile / apparel industry
- Strong understanding of environmental sustainability and chemical management in the textile or leather / synthetic leather industry
- Solid project management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proven experience of working with multi-national / cross-functional teams
- Fluency in Chinese and English, written and spoken
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about sustainability and the textile supply chain
- Able to manage multiple work activities and deliver results in a timely and efficient manner
- Energised by operating in a fast-paced work environment with individuals from a range of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Self-driven, proactive, with an entrepreneurial and team mindset
How to Apply
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send your application, including cover letter and resume, in Chinese or English, to the following email address: email@example.com