In 2011, a group of major apparel, leather, and footwear brands and retailers made a shared commitment to reduce or substitute hazardous chemicals from their value chain to ensure safer handling of chemicals in the workplace for brands, the environment and workers.
The ZDHC Gateway – Chemical Module*, is an advanced search engine for formulations that are conforming to ZDHC's MRSL (following the ZDHC Conformance Guidance) supporting textile and leather manufacturer to find safer alternatives and drive substitution of hazardous chemicals.
Help lead the textile, leather and footwear industry to advance towards zero discharge of hazardous chemicals.
Conform to ZDHC industry standards to reduce hazardous chemical use.
Support your suppliers’ efforts to source more sustainably.
Collaboration and information sharing is essential.
The ZDHC Gateway - Chemical Module and Wastewater Module are powered by ADEC Innovations
ZDHC Accepted Certification Standards for ZDHC MRSL Conformance
To accelerate the global impact of the ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme, the organisation has decided in a very early stage not to start its own certification system for MRSL conformant chemistry but instead to leverage existing certification as indicators of ZDHC MRSL conformance.
The ZDHC Accepted Certification Standards for ZDHC MRSL Conformance are listed on ZDHC Gateway’s Chemical Module as conformers to ZDHC’s MRSL Conformance Guidance at a certain level, ranging from level 1 to level 3. Also, formulations certified by these standards are directly verified and officially ranked within the ZDHC Gateway – Chemical Module.
Below, is a list of the currently accepted certification standards and the level of formulation conformance they are indicating:
- BLC Chem-MAP as Level 1 and 3 indicator
- bluesign® bluefinder as Level 3 indicator
- Clean Production Action's (CPA) GreenScreen Certified™ Standard for Textile Chemicals as Level 1 indicator
- Control Union as Level 1, 2 and 3 indicator
- ECO PASSPORT by OEKO-TEX® Programme as Level 1 and Level 3 indicator
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) as Level 1 indicator
- NimkarTek Detox Laboratory (NDL) as Level 1 testing indicator
- NSF International as Level 1 indicator
- SciveraLENS® as Level 1 indicator
- ToxServices’ Full Materials Disclosure Screened ChemistryTM (ToxFMD®) Program as Level 1 indicator
- TÜV Rheinland as Level 1 testing indicator
- UL as Level 1 testing indicator
- Ars Tinctoria S.r.l. as Level 1 testing indicator
- ITS Shanghai Ltd. as Level 1 testing indicator
- ITS Taiwan as Level 1 testing indicator
- TEXANLAB LABORATORIES PVT. LTD. as Level 1 testing indicator
- Testtex India Laboratories Private limited as Level 1 testing indicator
- ITS Tianjin Ltd. as Level 1 testing indicator
- INTERTEK VIETNAM LTD as Level 1 testing indicator
- LABOSTUDIO as Level 1 testing indicator
- SGS Hong Kong as Level 1 testing indicator
The ZDHC Accepted Certification Standards will help us tremendously to work towards our goal and support the industry by sourcing safer chemicals.
To become a ZDHC Accepted Certification Standard, interested organisations can apply here for acceptance of their Chemical Formulation certification system by the ZDHC Foundation.
To find out more about the accreditation process, please review the ZDHC MRSL Conformance Guidance.